Disclaimer
Views and opinions expressed in this blog page are solely the personal expression of the writer and is never intended to disgrace any individual, religions, culture, organization and so on.Any unintentional defamation caused would be highly regretted. And since English is not his mother tongue, he is bound to make grammatical and structural mistakes. Hence errors as such are regretted and comments and suggestions are duly welcomed for further improvement as the author strongly believes that there is no end to learning in life.

Friday 16 December 2011

A lone student in the class


The University is yet to close for Christmas and Pongal Holidays but most of the classmates have left for holidays, days ahead of the commencement of the real holidays. My Bhutanese mates who attend the classes regularly left for vacation by the second week of the month. Angeline, another regular mate left on 12th. Local friends followed them. Some of them never attended even a single class after the last semester exam. Though some are within the university campus, they hardly make their presence in the class. To me they appear like a visiting professor visiting just once or twice in a month’s time to give lectures. Narasimha Swamy, the lone local class mate who attends the class regularly and gives me company in the class in the absence of my Bhutanese friends and the other one from Jharkhand left two days back. He left because he has National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) on 18th December.

With Swamy's departure I am the lone student attending the class and will be continuing till 23rd December. This is because Professors wanted to conduct the classes as per the academic calendar. Today Prof Anuja asked me whether to continue the class with me all alone attending the class in which I replied I am comfortable with her decision. She mentioned that smaller the size of the class, more attention can be given to the students by Professors. She further added that it's more or less like a tuition class where the teacher and the student can sit face to face and discuss unlike in the other class where the strengths are more. She indirectly conveyed me that classes will continue till the vacation starts officially. Nevertheless, I would love to attend the classes as long as Professors conduct since my sole purpose of coming to the University is to learn and broaden my knowledge sphere regarding the discipline. Otherwise I would be failing in my responsibility as a citizen. Above all I have nothing to do back in my room than facebooking. So I guess it’s all the better to attend the class and learn something at least and take advantage of not going home for holidays.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I heard from lot of people the same thing and your post confirms this. A real wastage of time and resources most of our friends are doing, it seems. Their parents must be thinking their children are studying hard but the reality is totally different. Do what you think is the best. Proud of you bro.!

Pema Lhendrup said...

Thank you Langa for sparing your time to go thru my post and leaving me the comment. Its the local class mates who are missing the classes even when they are in the university campus. Its true that their parents must be expecting a lot from them but they simply waste their resources.

lobzang Dorji said...

@ Brother Pema, thank you for coming up with an idea where all the friends get to share their hidden talents and have opportunities open for reading and allows to keep commends after having read the pages.