Disclaimer
Views and opinions expressed in this blog page are solely the personal expression of the writer and is never intended to disgrace any individual, religions, culture, organization and so on.Any unintentional defamation caused would be highly regretted. And since English is not his mother tongue, he is bound to make grammatical and structural mistakes. Hence errors as such are regretted and comments and suggestions are duly welcomed for further improvement as the author strongly believes that there is no end to learning in life.

Thursday 22 December 2011

Did I do the justice?

From 16th till 21st December I attended the class all alone for at-least two modules of the six. Professors for these four modules told me they will continue from January once the University commences after the recess. Somehow I could convince one the professor teaching GIS module by reasoning that other thirty four class mates would be at lost. They would have tough time grasping the paper being so technical in nature when they read on their own later. Professor somehow challenged me to conduct the classes for the rest of them later while she will continue teaching me till the University closes for holidays to which I disagreed. I disagreed not because I am scared of doing the presentation but because I am afraid that I may not be able to convince majority of the local classmates who are from Telugu background and the whole presentation will simply become a mockery. She finally consented to discontinue the classes for last two periods. 

Deserted Classroom. Desks and chairs accompanying
the lone student in the class
Yet, the professor teaching the Urbanization and Regional Planning Module continued conducting the class till the end for the lone student. Two more units were covered accounting to 60% of the total syllabus coverage. This makes me to start questioning myself whether I have done the justice by attending the classes all alone. Of course Professor himself asked me to attend the classes till the end of the academic calender. What will rest of the class mates think later? Won't they blame me? No, they would not dare to. Nevertheless, none of them have the right to blame even if they want to since they are not supposed to leave for vacation days ahead of the commencement of the holidays. Or the final question that arises in my mind is, did the professor do the justice on his part by conducting the class for a lone student? Will he be repeating the same thing to the rest of the students after vacation? The answer as far as I am concerned is, yes he too did the justice. When will he be in the position to cover up the syllabus if he has to conduct classes only when students' attendance is 100% as there is not a single period that 100% students attendance is there with an exceptional case during examination times.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gut to see your regular presence in the academic time. keep and maintain constant spirit. I expect academic excellence from there and gain name and fame for Bhutanese Students pursuing higher education abroad la.