Disclaimer
Views and opinions expressed in this blog page are solely the personal expression of the writer and is never intended to disgrace any individual, religions, culture, organization and so on.Any unintentional defamation caused would be highly regretted. And since English is not his mother tongue, he is bound to make grammatical and structural mistakes. Hence errors as such are regretted and comments and suggestions are duly welcomed for further improvement as the author strongly believes that there is no end to learning in life.

Saturday 31 December 2011

Good Bye 2011

Time seems to be fleeting so fast. I feel like I have embraced 2011 just a day ago but it's on the verge of its end and 2012 will be dawning soon(within hours). Though the year happened to be as transient as the morning dew and the cloud during the clear sky of autumn season many things irrespective of good or bad has taken place. Following are some of the few I encountered. 
The change in the mode of transportation from taxi to 
rickshaw as an alternative
As planned on the evening of January 16, twelve of us gathered at Zangdopelri  in Phuntsholing, a night ahead of our departure to the University. We were worried as we were to board the train at 11:00 from New Alipur junction Railway Station the following day whereas the strikes organised by the people of West Bengal for days kept the travellers stranded at Phuntsholing and Samdrup Jongkhar. To over come our worries we booked two Indian cabs for early departure at 4:00 AM so that we were safely driven to the railway station i.e., well ahead of the resumption of strike, the following day. Later in the night we were informed that strikes will be called off and the border gate will be opened from the following day which relieved us. Hence we postponed our journey from Phuntsholing to 08:00 AM only. Though the major strikes were called off, some people were blocking the roadway with bonfires. Hardly, half a kilometer's distance was left to reach the railway station when we were nearly pelted with stones by a dozen of strikers.  Thank God, they spared us. They only directed the taxis to return. As an alternative we had to hire rickshaw to carry our luggage through an alternative route.

Punch Session
On Blessed Rainy Day i.e., on September 23, three of us ( Paljor, Tshewang and myself)  didn't bother to join the rest of the countrymen for the celebration. We  celebrated on our own. We emptied a bucket which was half filled with punch that evening. No wonder we even forgot whether we really had our dinner. We had so much fun being individual and I bet that we would have missed the fun had we joined the rest. In a way we made right decision. 


In November, along with Tshewang I started to attend the swimming session in the evening hours on alternative days. For a first timer, learning to float on the water was challenging, yet with unwavering zeal and enthusiasm I succeeded. However, we couldn't continue our swimming for whole December month. Nevertheless, as a New Year Resolution I promise that I will resume from January till the end of April, i.e., till I am done with my studies.

After end semester examination in the first and second week of November, University remained unofficially closed for more than two weeks. This was because most of the local mates left home. The long breaks without anything to do bored me.  Sleeping wasn't the best choice and Facebook didn't help me  either. To keep myself engaged and save from boredom, I began to scribble my blog in the fourth week of November. However, I owe to a friend of mine, for the ice-breaking post in my blog titled "LESSON". Had he not beguiled me, I wouldn't have learnt the lesson. Hence, Mr Tenzing takes some credit as well. Besides this,  I began to read  others's blog to enhance my knowledge spheres.  Having found out that blogging is one activity to keep myself engaged during free and leisure time, I continued blogging although most of the posts happened to be based on my personal experiences. 

Finally, as I sadly bid good bye to 2011, I wish Happy New Year 2012 to all the bloggers as well as the readers. May New Year bring loads of peace; prosperity and success to one and all. May the world become a better place to live.


No comments: