Disclaimer
Views and opinions expressed in this blog page are solely the personal expression of the writer and is never intended to disgrace any individual, religions, culture, organization and so on.Any unintentional defamation caused would be highly regretted. And since English is not his mother tongue, he is bound to make grammatical and structural mistakes. Hence errors as such are regretted and comments and suggestions are duly welcomed for further improvement as the author strongly believes that there is no end to learning in life.

Saturday 26 November 2011

Fooled

-but blessing in disguise 
Sunday, November 6, 2011 wasn't April fool's day yet I along with my room mates were fooled. I had done with five theory papers and I was relaxing since the practical papers were only on November 8 and November 9. But my room mates had theory papers to be revised. One of my room mates who stays late night revising for the exams was still in bed when I received a call from Mrs. Sangay Zangmo and Mrs. Tshering Yuden who are my mates at around 11:30 AM.
Mrs. Sangay asked me if they had done with their examinations, when I responded they still have two papers each she asked me to prepare lunch for four of them who are in the Central CMR, a shopping mall since they were hungry. I didn't believe at first. To confirm I made a call and they insisted that they would be arriving by around 12:00 noon for the lunch. After giving second thought we assumed that they meant it albeit never did they come for meals in our place. This made all three of us to engage our hands in cooking. They once again called us asking our room # which made us to believe they were not lying. The meals for seven people were finally ready and they never turned up.


When the clock ticked 01:00 PM I asked them where they have reached only to get disappointed to learn that they fooled us. We were worried of the food getting spoilt in a hot places like here in Visakhapatnam. They told us that they were just kidding and even if we had prepared the meals they asked us to have it on our own. Can any one imagine that the meal prepared for seven people can be consumed by three of us? To our dismay the refrigerator was also dis-functional. I remembered my elder brother ( a lay man) back at home who always cautions that when we throw away food it will simply rot while when it avoids us we will starve to death. We landed up inviting one other friend of ours for the lunch only to hear his dialogue in the half way through the meal in which he said he was invited out of no choice yet enjoyed the meal. Four of us tried to bottom up the meals considering that it will get spoilt but couldn't. The meal was enough even for breakfast for three of us. We didn't throw away the food because we know resources are scarce and in the third world countries many people die due to starvation.

Nevertheless, three of us had a sumptuous delicious meal after a week's time or so since three of us were into noodles as examinations kept us engaged with books which was blessing in disguise on one hand and on the other a wastage of the precious time of my room mates, a time wasted in cooking meals as one was busy practicing his theorems while the other had to wake up and lend his hand despite the fact that he slept just at dawn.I say wastage of time resources as time wasted cannot be retrieved back and hence wastage of all the resources.

No comments: